The modern web should be inclusive of all peoples, regardless of ability. Unfortunately inclusivity is something that has been overlooked quite a bit on the internet. Thankfully it is becoming the norm to have sites that are accessible to people of all abilities.
We make sure to test for all of the following criteria on our websites to ensure that they can be used by as many people as possible:
- Use color schemes that are inclusive of people with color blindness.
- Use contrast ratios so that elements on the page are not hard to differentiate
- Properly label all elements on the page so that visually impaired users who use screen readers can accurately read the websites
- Use appropriate text sizes
- Make sure that all clickable/tappable elements have enough spacing, so that users don't unintentionally click on the wrong elements.